A student should not attend school if he or she has the following symptoms/and or diseases.
- Fever- 100.0 F or above. Must be fever free for 24 hours without medications.
- Vomiting and /or diarrhea. Must be free of vomiting and or diarrhea for 24 hours without medication.
- Thick yellow or green discharge from the nose or eyes.
- Persistent cough or increasing severity of cough, not improving after 4 to 5 days.
- Unusual spots or rashes accompanied by fever or behavior changes indicating illness.
- Severe itching of body or scalp, or scratching of scalp.
- If your child has been diagnosed with any contagious conditions (COVID-19, Flu, Strep Throat, Impetigo, Chicken Pox, Lice, Pink Eye, Pertussis, Scabies, Meningitis, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Tuberculosis) please notify the school nurse.
A child with any of these symptoms or diseases may cause other children to get sick. Students should not attend any extracurricular activities if they are sent home from school with any symptoms listed above. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
A child with any of these symptoms or diseases may cause other children to get sick. If ALL parents keep sick children home, everybody’s children will stay healthier.
*” Recommendations from the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases in a Group-Care Setting”-Department of State Health Services.