Help Us-Help You
Health information should always be shared with the nurse, either through a written health history or an individual personal interview. The information provided is considered both privileged and confidential. This means the information will be shared only on a need-to-know basis for the safety and well-being of the child. Please contact the nurse with any questions or to update your child's health history. NOTE: written requests are periodically sent home to update important health information.
If your child requires healthcare while at school, we encourage collaboration with parents, your child's health care provider, and school nurse to develop your student's health care plan while at school. Please click on the link(s) to the right that apply to your child. If your child has a health condition in which we do not have an action plan posted for please notify us in order to better serve your child at school.
A student should not attend school if he or she has the following symptoms/and or diseases.
- Fever- 100.0 F or above. Must be fever free for 24 hours without medications.
- Vomiting and /or diarrhea. Must be free of vomiting and or diarrhea for 24 hours without medications.
- Thick yellow or green discharge from the nose or eyes
- Persistent cough or increasing severity of cough, not improving after 4 to 5 days.
- Unusual spots or rashes accompanied by fever or behavior changes indicating illness.
- Severe itching of body or scalp, or scratching of scalp.
- If you child has been diagnosed with any contagious conditions (Flu, Strep Throat, Impetigo, Chicken Pox, Lice, Pink Eye, Pertussis, Scabies, Meningitis, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Tuberculosis) please notify school nurse.
A child with any of these symptoms or diseases may cause other children to get sick. Students should not attend any extracurricular activities if they are sent home from school with any symptoms listed above. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
A child with any of these symptoms or diseases may cause other children to get sick. If ALL parents keep sick children home, everybody’s children will stay healthier.
*” Recommendations from the Prevention and Control of Communicable Diseases in a Group-Care Setting”-Department of State Health Services.